Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Looking for hotel recommendations for Tokyo 2019/11/23 18:06
I am travelling to Tokyo in late 2020. This will be my 4th trip to Japan but I haven't been back to Tokyo since my first trip in 2010.

I have started looking for hotel options but there is just too many.

I am interested to hear what other people's experiences have been and where you would recommend?

My budget is up to \14000 per night
by SeratoneKSR  

Re: Looking for hotel recommendations for Tokyo 2019/11/24 08:43
It really depends on where you are going - there is no need to go to the other side of the city if you don't have to.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Looking for hotel recommendations for Tokyo 2019/11/24 09:37
It really depends on a lot of factors, your interests, your taste in hotels etc. I live in Tokyo now but when I was a visitor, I usually stayed at Hotel Claska in Meguro (https://bizarrejourneys.com/favorite-hotels/). I loved the neighborhood and the affordable stylishness of the hotel. Meguro may however not be an ideal spot if you are into visiting the more known sites in Tokyo - it is in the Southern part of the city. Ueno has some very affordable home style hotels (with a kitchenette in the room to take of your own meals) and is very central but not a very pleasant neighborhood on its own. Shinjuku is busy with many hotel options if you want to be in the center of all action (Tokyo Station area may be a better option in terms of centrality with certain elegance). You may also want to look into ryokan style options if you are looking for a more traditional experience. Those tend to be quite pricy but offer a great experience.
by Bizarre Journeys rate this post as useful

reply to this thread