Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Karuizawa in the evening/night 2019/11/24 13:58
Hi! Ifll be going to Karuizawa with my wife and child in early January. We will not be driving due to unfamiliarity with winter conditions so wefll mostly be using the bus/ Train services. However, I notice that the bus services that take you nearer to the location ends early in the evening (6 pm). We are arriving in Karuizawa in the evening on the first day and would like to have dinner at Harunire terrace followed by a visit to the nearby Tombo no yu. Our accomodation is at Naka Karuizawa and within walking distance to Hoshinoya area ( 1- 1.5km) .

Would it be feasible to go by foot in the cold at night from our accomodation? How do people travel around in evening/ at night if they dont drive since the bus services have ended ? Thank you!
by S.G (guest)  

Re: Karuizawa in the evening/night 2019/11/25 12:22
Karuizawa tends to be very quiet after dark, though I am more familiar with the other section on the nakasendo way.

Given it will be dark early that time of year, and cold, I'd probably take a taxi there and see whether you feel like walking home.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread