Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Disneysea child free entry process 2019/11/24 23:38
I just want to know what the process is for a child (2.5 years old) to enter for free. We bought our tickets online for the adults and not on-site because we wanted to skip the lines. Is there a special ticket we have to get for the child on the day itself, or do we just carry him in?

Thank you!
by nelze (guest)  

Re: Disneysea child free entry process 2019/11/25 14:15
Hi!

I've not had a free child at Tokyo Disney but I have at Disney World and Disneyland. My child did not get any ticket at all when they were free. When my child looked close to 3 (the age at which Disney stops being free in the USA) I was asked how old my child was, but that was it.

I have gone to Japan when my child was 5, so free for trains and subways, and I just told people my child was 5. If they wanted me to prove it, I of course always had their passport on me.

I hope this helps!
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Disneysea child free entry process 2019/11/25 14:24
Thanks a lot! So you just carried him in into Disneyland?

Good thing you mentioned the trains, I wanted to ask about that too. Do you also just carry your child through the ticket gates?

by nleetian@gmail.com (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Disneysea child free entry process 2019/11/26 00:01
Hi!

Well, this was the US, so I think I just pushed her in her stroller into the Disneyland and Disneyworld or wore her. Her first trip to WDW she was 3 months. She was closer to 2.5 our first trip to Land and I either carried her or let her walk in front of me and she just walked under the turnstyle. In Japan, I would not personally bring a stroller with me, but you might want to rent one when you get inside the park. It does make the park easier, but it makes transport on the trains and buses and subways in Tokyo harder.

For trains/subways/buses. Mine was 5.5 so very much mobile and able to stay with me. I actually bought her a railpass, because having a 5.5 year old sit on your lap for 3 hours is not as comfortable as a 2.5 year old. However, I refused to buy her a ticket for the subway or the bus or any of the private lines we tended to either use manned gates or she would walk quickly in front of me. I don't remember carrying her through anything, but if she had been under 3 I would have. At 5.5, no one asked me her age. I think the only time I've been asked her age was when we visited a temple to see if she was free or not. She was older then though.

Good luck!
by rkold rate this post as useful

reply to this thread