Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

7 digit postal code if I live in the U.S.? 2019/11/26 14:39
I want to register for a Japanese website so I can get shipped Japanese goods. It is asking for a 7 digit postal code, and wont let me put anything else than that, but I live in the U.S. where my postal code is only 5 digits. What do I do?
by Noah (guest)  

Re: 7 digit postal code if I live in the U.S.? 2019/11/26 16:46
Did you check if the website is shipping outside Japan?
Since you cannot enter another postal code indicates that the website is only delivering domestic.
Do you have someone in Japan who can receive and forward the package to you?
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: 7 digit postal code if I live in the U.S.? 2019/11/26 18:23
Yes, I agree that you should check if they ship outside Japan in the first place.

Often when I (= living in Japan) try to enter my address into a US-based website, from the lack of any dropdown box of gcountriesh I can tell if they ship to any non-US destinations at all. (They have gStateh dropdown box, but not the gcountry.h) When that happens, I always sends via e-mail with the shop if they ship outside the country, and if yes ask them how I should format my address to fit into their address form. Sometimes they say unfortunately they simply donft ship outside the country.
If the postal code really is the only problem, then I would enter your 5 digit plus 00. But then youfd have to find some place to state gUSA.h
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 7 digit postal code if I live in the U.S.? 2019/11/27 12:19
Thank you for your answers. The website is pokémon center online, so I figured they'd send out to other countries, especially since a popular YouTuber I watch gets goods from this same website, and he lives in Australia.

Last night, I put a 0, and a 1 in after my 5 digits, and finally registered my account, after which I ordered something. I'm hoping I actusly get the item I payed for; I really shouldve checked if they ship outside the U.S.. I will email them and ask. Thank you two for your help!
by Noah (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 7 digit postal code if I live in the U.S.? 2019/11/27 13:34
Hi!
Are you sure the Youtubber isn't just getting it from the Australian Pokemon Center Site? the US Pokemon Center Site carries a lot more merchandise that is also carried by the Japanese stores now. It doesn't carry everything and in particular not specific store exclusives, but I was surprised with how much they did have.

This site:
https://www.pokemoncenter.com/

definitely lets you set up an account in the US and order from them, cause I pre-ordered Sword and Shield from them for my kid. We've also gone to the Pokemon Centers in Japan multiple times on trips to Japan, because my child is a huge fan. (We did Kyoto multiple times as well as two different branches in Tokyo and one in Osaka Umeda.) I'd say the biggest difference is in terms of cards.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: 7 digit postal code if I live in the U.S.? 2019/11/27 13:51
Hi, Rkold!

Thank you for the reply! I am 100% positive the youtuber is getting them from the Japan site, because he runs this weird "slot machine" minigame, which you get to play when you earn points through your purchases. When you play the slot machine, you get a postcard with your next purchase. The postcard changes every month, so it is awesome for collecting!

Anyways, I am beginning to think that, like someone suggested I do above, maybe the YouTuber is having them shipped to a resident of Japan, and then shipped to him? I'm not sure. I will be sure to email the site tomorrow morning, and find out if they do, in fact, ship outside of Japan. I really want to buy the Japanese goods--especially a few Japanese booster packs of cards!

Re: 7 digit postal code if I live in the U.S.? 2019/11/27 17:37
on the Japanese website it is mentioned the following

ŠCŠO‚Ö“Í‚¯‚½‚¢ê‡
ŠCŠO‚Ö‚Ì‚¨“Í‚¯‚ɂ‚«‚Ü‚µ‚Ä‚ÍA‚¨Žó‚¯‚µ‚Ä‚¨‚è‚Ü‚¹‚ñB
No overseas deliveries are accepted.

by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: 7 digit postal code if I live in the U.S.? 2019/11/27 19:03
If you are talking about the pokemon center online website in Japanese, please scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page - they direct you (in English) to their US website if you want items shipped to the US. No shipping from Japan to the States.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 7 digit postal code if I live in the U.S.? 2019/11/28 02:16
Damnit. I wonder how HE gets them, then. Probably gets them shipped to him from a friend in Japan or somethin'.

Suppose I'll try to get a refund on what I bought. Thanks, guys! I appreciate the help.

Re: 7 digit postal code if I live in the U.S.? 2019/11/28 09:09
The post cards sound cute I wish we got them in the stores in person.

More the likely, yes he either has a friend or pays a service to receive goods.
I am sure there are paid services you can use to order for you.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: 7 digit postal code if I live in the U.S.? 2019/11/28 12:41
I don't know how much extra fee you need to pay, but if you really buy from Pokemon online in Japan, here is the option. (just one example)
Put this company as sending address and the company will forward them to you.
https://www.tenso.com/en

(Tenso means forwarding)

by Chocoholic (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 7 digit postal code if I live in the U.S.? 2019/12/1 09:01
Hey, thank you SO much for the information! I'll check it out.

reply to this thread