Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

10 Days Itineray in March 2019/11/27 01:01
Hi everyone, I am finally planning my first trip ever to Japan after dreaming of it for many years. It will be in March, 10 days, flights inlcuded.

My idea is to spend 5 days in Tokyo, 2 in Kyoto and 1 in Nara.

I would please like some advice, on transportation first of all.

-What is the best way to get from the airport (Haneda) to Tokyo centre?

-Do I need to get a daily metro ticket to move in Tokyo or is walking an option?

-Would it be convenient for me to buy the JRP, just to use it from Tokyo to Kyoto?

-Can I also use the JRP to go from Kyoto to Nara or are there alternatives? Also, can the JRP be used to go from Kyoto to the Kansai airport?

-Can you please recommend me a traditional ryokan in Kyoto, where they offer breakfast? If with onsen, would be better, but I do have some small tattoos

Thanks in advance for any help

by bacau  

Re: 10 Days Itineray in March 2019/11/27 09:21
Haneda to Tokyo: Easily found on this website by using the search bar at the top of the page (search for "Haneda"). Probably the best option is the monorail - cheap, fast, reliable.

Tokyo transport: Tokyo is a huge city, so you are highly unlikely to be walking everywhere! A Tokyo Metro pass may not be cost-effective depending on your itinerary. An IC card will suffice - search for it on this website and read up.

JRP: For a 7-day JR Pass to pay off, a round-trip between Tokyo and Kansai comes close. A one-way trip will not suffice.

Nara: Yes, there is a JR line between Kyoto and Nara. There is also a private line (Kintetsu). Yes, there is a JR line to KIX. These two trips combined with Tokyo>Kyoto is unlikely to make up the cost of the 7-day JRP.

Ryokan: I don't have experience with this, sorry.

A lot of your questions are very straightforward and easy to find the answer to, so I would recommend reading this website more thoroughly, in particular the transport section. There's a lot of good information there explained clearly, and it would be good to have a better understanding of it before your travel to Japan so your trip runs more smoothly.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 10 Days Itineray in March 2019/11/27 12:00
Hi, March is a nice time to be going. It can be very cold then, which is nice.

There are plenty of ryokans in Kyoto, it really depends where you want to stay. A lot of people stay around the station but in my view that isnt a very nice area, I'd rather be off closer to Kiyumizudera or Arashiyama way. I also like the Japanese rooms at the Westin Miyako hotel.

I see you have a day in Nara, I'm not sure whether that includes a night. I would recommend looking for a night at Nara. There are plenty of ryokans there, some have onsen baths though I'm not sure whether the water is just tap water. I really like the area around Wakakusayama . I have stayed at a few ryokan in Nara over the years, some expensive and some cheap, best off looking at a site like Japanican which I have found pretty useful.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread