Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Aomori Visitor Pass 2019/12/2 08:29
Hi, wondering is there a visitor/ transport pass for foreigners ? Will stay 3 nights in Aomori, thinking to visit Mt.Hakkoda and follow by Sukayu Onsen.
Besides, Nebuta Warrese, Moya Hills ,Furukawa fish market and A Factory....
So, a pass to travel around in Aomori would be more convenient and cost saving too. Thanks.
by vuzu  

Re: Aomori Visitor Pass 2019/12/2 13:48
There are several local rail passes that can save you some money if you do some significant travel by train within Aomori prefecture, however they won't be interesting if you already have a wider national or regional rail pass. (They are not specifically aimed at foreign tourists and can be used by anyone, so they are mostly interesting for residents who can't use the more generous tourist rail passes.)
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Aomori Visitor Pass 2019/12/2 16:35
Aomori is a Beautiful city.so you can consider
JR aomori holiday pass=2520 yen
Aomori railway 1 day pass=2100 yen
Aomori city bus=500 yen
Aomori sightseeing bus=700 yen
JR bus Tohoku=2000 yen
Hachinohe city bus=600 yen
Nanbu bus=600 yen
by Mina (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Aomori Visitor Pass 2019/12/3 00:59
Aomori has no visitor pass. However, A Lot of transportation pass exist
by Roh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Aomori Visitor Pass 2019/12/3 04:33
More info about local rail passes for future reference.

The Aomori Holiday Pass (あおもりホリデーパス), one day on weekends and holidays only, 2520 yen. Roughly covers all JR rail lines within Aomori prefecture plus the Aoimori line but excluding the Gono line and the Shinkansen. Pays off for example for a one-way Hachinohe-Shimokita or a round-trip Aomori-Hachinohe-Aomori or Aomori-Shimokita-Aomori.

The Gono Line Free Pass (五能線フリーパス), two days, 3880 yen. Covers the entire Gono line plus the Ou Main Line between Aomori and Hirosaki and between Higashi-Noshiro and Akita, which is exactly the route used by the Resort Shirakami. Pays off even with just a one-way from Aomori to Akita along the Gono line, so it's pretty good value since it's valid for two days. If you use the RS, note that the pass does not cover the seat reservation fee, which must be paid separately.

The Tsugaru Free Pass (津軽フリーパス), two days, 2100 yen. Covers the Ou Main Line between Aomori and Ikarigaseki, the Konan Railway, the Tsugaru Railway, and Konan buses around Hirosaki.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Aomori Visitor Pass 2019/12/14 11:50
Thank you guys for the feedback. Will leave for my Tohoku trip next week.
Intend to travel to Hakkoda San on the 23Dec (hopefully ropeway service not suspended) by bus.
And Sukayu Onsen on the 24Dec.
Wondering which pass to purchase for these two days activities? Aomori Bus Tohoku, Aomori sightseeing bus or?????
Other than Hakkoda San and Sukayu where I could enjoy lots of snow in Aomori?? Would love to take some snowy landscape pictures, thanks.
by vuzu rate this post as useful

Re: Aomori Visitor Pass 2019/12/15 07:35
Wondering which pass to purchase for these two days activities? Aomori Bus Tohoku, Aomori sightseeing bus or?????

I am not familiar with this area, but I found this ticket (actually it is kind of pass).

https://www.jrbustohoku.co.jp/route/detail.php?r=79&rc=23

Hakkoda 1 day free kippu, 2000 yen 1 day. Free area: Aomori-Hakkoda-Sukayu. If you do day trips from Aomori, then this ticket will be useful. This is for JR bus (I am not sure whether other companies run this route) and you can buy the ticket at JR bus ticket booth at JR Aomori station, or on the bus.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Aomori Visitor Pass 2019/12/15 08:28
Thanks
by vuzu rate this post as useful

reply to this thread