Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Public transport at night from Hirosaki Park 2019/12/2 22:17
Hi! I would like to visit the Hirosaki Castle Snow Lantern Festival and the Winter Sakura Illuminations at the Hirosaki Park. Is there public transport from Hirosaki Park to Hirosaki Station at night? The Dotemachi Loop Bus ends its service at 5pm in February.
Thank you.
by Irene (guest)  

Re: Public transport at night from Hirosaki Park 2019/12/3 06:30
There are regular city buses that run a bit later (until 7-8pm IIRC).
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Public transport at night from Hirosaki Park 2019/12/6 03:15
Not sure if this message is late, but I just came back from Japan and took the bus from around Hirosaki Park to the train station. I have a photo here of the bus schedule from right outside the Dormy Inn. The bus arrives on the side of the Dormy Inn to Hirosaki Station at the following arrival times:

16 - 16 26 46 48 56
17 - 09 16 31 33 46 56
18 - 16 31 36 40 48 51 56 59
19 - 31 36 48 51
20 - 15

Some of these times have circles which in my non existent japanese might mean weekends and holidays. However you do get the jist of it.

Alternatively, I took a shuttle ride from Hirosaki Station to the Dormy Inn (it was essentially a taxi but the hotel paid for the ride) and cost around 950 Yen. If from the park (there are numerous taxi bays around) it might be several hundred Yen more than that.

Hope this helps and very timely indeed!
by Villagemayor rate this post as useful

Re: Public transport at night from Hirosaki Park 2019/12/6 22:40
Thank you both for the response! Will find out more about the regular city buses and hotel's shuttle bus.
by Irene (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Public transport at night from Hirosaki Park 2019/12/14 00:39
Great, that will help me too ! I'm planning to go to Hirosaki for the sakura festival and stay here a bit late (meaning after the last Dotemachi Loop Bus : 6 pm) to see the sakura illuminations by night.
Thank you for the information !
by lumiki rate this post as useful

reply to this thread