Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Anniversary gift 2019/12/4 10:31
Hi. I am doing research for a project. I was Wondering, in Japanese culture do they exchange gifts for a 10 year wedding anniversary? In my culture its diamonds.
by JennB  

Re: Anniversary gift 2019/12/4 20:31
A lot of Japanese people in Japan give the "10 year diamond" as an anniversary gift, but it comes from the European culture and not Japanese culture.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Anniversary gift 2019/12/6 16:12
The Japanese TV commercial says 10 year diamonds, but you know not all the wives are interested in jewely, so it could be a special dinner or flower or nothing....
by f.K (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anniversary gift 2019/12/6 19:10
The Japanese TV commercial says 10 year diamonds, but you know not all the wives are interested in jewely, so it could be a special dinner or flower or nothing....

Actually, the common procedure in Japan is a special dinner, flowers AND 10 year diamonds. So, dinner and flowers are anniversary necessities, and you give something extra for the 10th year, which could be something like a cruise instead of diamonds.

But again, not everybody follows these procedures, and for the record, I've never gotten any of these, even the dinner.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Anniversary gift 2019/12/8 03:31
Hi JennB,

I just wanted to mention I'm an American too and have been married way longer than 10 years and many Americans don't do diamonds for their 10 year anniversaries. I am sure the diamond industry wants us to give diamonds but plenty don't. Perhaps your specific subculture within the US does, but it's a huge generalization to say Americans do this.

Honestly, the best and most romantic gifts are the ones that show that your spouse knows you. BTW, going by the "traditional" list, 10 years is aluminum/tin. It's not until 60 you get to diamond. https://apracticalwedding.com/traditional-modern-anniversary-gift-idea...
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Anniversary gift 2019/12/11 22:27
Japanese girl Love Flowers. So You can give her.beside Lunch or Dinner in Buffet restaurant.You can spend this special Day with your Love ones in theme park,such as Tokyo Disney resorts.
by Jim (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread