Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Should I do the Mario Kart tour in December? 2019/12/4 13:43
Hello,

I am interested in the Mario Kart experience in Tokyo. However, I won't be there until the end of December. I was wondering if it is okay to do it at that time since it will be winter and potentially be snowing?

Thanks!
by Daaang  

Re: Should I do the Mario Kart tour in December? 2019/12/4 16:09
It isnft snowing regularly in Tokyo. It might happen but it would be quite rare.

Now youfll find a lot of people on this forum that will advise you against the kart tour for safety, noise and other concerns. I have never done one, but cycling regularly through Tokyo at night I have encountered lot of these tours. I donft have the impression that they are dangerous, as you are very visible to cars. And for me anything that slows down cars is a good thing.

Esthetically i would agree that it is questionable to ride through a city kitted up as a dinosaur or similar, but thatfs not my problem.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should I do the Mario Kart tour in December? 2019/12/4 19:54
These tours are quite dangerous, despite the anecdotal experience above, and it doesn't take much searching to find news stories of near misses and more serious accidents.

You are in a go kart on very busy city streets filled with very real traffic that all sits much higher than you. Larger vehicles, such as trucks, will have very limited vision of you. You will not be wearing a helmet, nor have a roll cage to prevent injury.

Furthermore, it's a huge annoyance to the local population. How would you feel about having to watch out for tourists in go karts while trying to drive to work in the morning?
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should I do the Mario Kart tour in December? 2019/12/4 20:40
Mario Kart was never officially approved by Nintendo, and the gaming giant sued the tour company in February 2017 for copyright infringement and won this lawsuit. Now customers are offered the same experience, except that riders canft wear Mario Kart-character and are bombarded with signs distancing the company from Nintendo.

The Kart tour is popular with tourist but not in favor with the locals.
Many accidents have happened including hit and run.

If you want to drive you need to have a driving licence (international or Japanese) because you will drive on the road which is really busy.

Maybe it is better to rent a bicycle and enjoy Tokyo as it is.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

reply to this thread