Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Driving around Fuji Five Lakes in spring 2019/12/7 10:36
I may have the opportunity to spend a weekday in the Fuji Five Lakes area in mid-April (I will be staying in Kofu). I've done some research and would like to visit a few shrines and other places that are either not on the bus routes or would involve multiple changes of bus, so hiring a car seems the best idea. My question is: is it worth trying to drive during cherry blossom season or is it likely that the roads will be crowded, the traffic slow and the parking difficult? This is not my first trip to Japan and I hope it won't be my last, so I'm sure I'll have opportunities to return in a less popular season (even though I know it's very beautiful in the spring). Thanks for your opinion and help.
by jth_travel (guest)  

Re: Driving around Fuji Five Lakes in spring 2019/12/11 04:33
Beside Driving, you can consider JR Tokyo wide pass 3 Day=10180 yen for unlimited travel
by Modi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Driving around Fuji Five Lakes in spring 2019/12/11 07:01
The Tokyo wide pass cannot be used for getting round the Fuji 5 Lakes area. Only for getting to and from Kawaguchi.

As the area is similar to a small rural town. The roads are not too busy and driving and parking is easy to do. If driving in snow, just take the usual precautions.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread