Hello kind people
My 4th trip initially started saying gI want to see Hokkaidoh and then became a full-Tohoku lol. I would like to share this and hear your comments/ideas.
This is for Fall 2020 so no big hurry.
Ifve got this big Tohoku part, currently 11 nights, but I still have 1-2 nights budget to put somewhere, and then 4-5 nights in Tokyo. Departure 15 October 2020. I travel with my cousin (another Japan trips veteran) and a friend which is a newbie.
This Tohoku itinerary has:
- 19h total trains/buses/taxi
- 4h in day trips
- moderate hiking
- 1 onsen, but Ifm looking for more
- autumn colors (hopefully)
- a castle
- samurai district
- lots of things to eat like Yamagata meat
here is the map https://imgur.com/a/rMSrUtPItaly >> Narita/HanedaTokyo >> Tsuruoka Stay in Tsuruoka 2 nights
(or split Tokyo/Tsuruoka, but we need to rest before hiking on Dewa Sanzan)Stay Dewa Sanzan 1 night shukubo Dewa Sanzan >> YamagataStay Yamagata 1 night
- day trip to YamaderaYamagata >> Naruko OnsenStay Naruko onsen 1 night Naruko >> Ichinoseki (or nearby)Stay Ichinoseki (or nearby) 1 night
- day trip to GeibikeiIchinoseki >> MoriokaStay Morioka 2 nights
- day trip to KakunodateMorioka >> AomoriStay Aomori 2 nights
- day trip to HirosakiAomori >> Lake TowadaStay Lake Towada 1 night
- Oirase streamLake Towada >> TokyoTokyo 5 nights
- the usual things... eating, evenings out drinking, a maid café, shopping
- day trips to lake Kawaguchi and maybe mt Takao
- I would like one more onsen
- decide where to add the 1-2 nights that I have left
Thank you very much for reading this far.