Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itinerary advice for Golden Week 2020 2019/12/11 07:19
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to get some advice on my planned itinerary that falls during Golden Week 2020 (flights already booked so I can't change it!). Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!

There are two of us, it's our first trip to Japan and we have 15 nights, flying into Tokyo Narita on 22 April and leaving Tokyo Narita on 7 May.

Do you have any advice on the destinations and timing chosen for the following intinerary? I've tried to minimise changing hotels/cities and factored in day trips hoping this might help reduce travel issues during GW.

22 April - 27 April: 5 nights - Tokyo
27 April > shinkansen to Kyoto
27 - 1 May: 4 nights - Kyoto
1 May > travel Kyoto to Takayama
1 May - 4 May: 3 nights - Takayama (I would love to spend 4 nights in Takayama so we could spend a night at an Okuhida onsen but traveling on the 5 or 6 May is a bad idea right?)
4 May > travel Takayama to Tokyo
4 - 7 May: 3 nights - Tokyo (inc day trip to Nikko, maybe Hakone)

I was going to flip the itinerary and do Kyoto first but we want to be in Tokyo for the Pride Parade on 25-26 April. I would have loved to add in Osaka but I don't think it will work with the restrictions of GW.

Is it crazy to go to Takayama during GW? Should we add/drop a night from anywhere in the itinerary? I'm definitely open to other suggestions of places to go, even further north or south.

There is so much to see it's so hard to choose where to go!

Thank you so much for any advice you can provide!!
All the best,
Jacki
by Jacki (guest)  

Re: Itinerary advice for Golden Week 2020 2019/12/11 22:19
Don't buy JR nation wide pass.But you can consider Japan Bus pass 7 Day=15000 yen for Tokyo, Kyoto etc prefecture unlimited travel non consecutively.
by Rio (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread