Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best passes for my itinerary 2019/12/12 19:33
Hello,
Just wondering what would be my best option for below itinerary? I am a overseas visitor and not sure the 7 day JR pass would be my best option.

14-17 Sep: Travel from Haneda airport to Shinuku station and then general travel around Tokyo for 3 days visting places such as Harajuku, Akihabara and Shibuya.

17 Sep: Travel from Tokyo to Kyoto

17-21 Sep: General travel around Kyoto to places like Arishiyama, Gion district, Kinkakuji Temple.

22 Sep: Travel from Kyoto to Tokyo

22- 24 Sep: General travel around Tokyo inclung disneyland etc.

24 Sep: Travel from Tokyo to Haneda airport.

Thanks in advance
Lee
by Lee (guest)  

Re: Best passes for my itinerary 2019/12/13 11:37
You could buy a 7-day JAPAN RAIL PASS to cover the time you'll be travelling return from Tokyo to Kyoto, but you might not save money or you might just break even. The full-price of the return trip using reserved seats in the ordinary car is \27700. A 7-day JAPAN RAIL PASS costs \29650, so there's a \1950 difference.

If I were you, I would get a JAPAN RAIL PASS and take advantage of it to take a farther day trip when you're in Kyoto or Tokyo. For instance, going to Kinosaki-Onsen from Kyoto as a day-trip would be economically feasible if you were using the JAPAN RAIL PASS and would more than make up the difference.
by naoyao (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best passes for my itinerary 2019/12/13 12:10
No pass.

Buy discount Kyoto round trip ticket on Japanican and use a prepaid Suica/pasmo for everything else.
by Me2 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best passes for my itinerary 2019/12/13 12:39
"Buy discount Kyoto round trip ticket on Japanican"

Unfortunately, effective November 28, 2019, Japanican no longer sells those tickets.
by tt7 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread