Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travelling to Kyoto on New Year Eve 2019/12/13 17:36
Hi all,
On New Year Eve (31 Dec 2019), my family planned to travel from Kinosaki Onsen to Amanohashidate for a day visit. Then travel to Kyoto on the same day. Knowing that new year eve is a big travel for Japan, will we have problem making this travel plan. Or should we just travel directly from Kinosaki Onsen to Kyoto, skipping Amanohashidate? Thank you.
by Kenat (guest)  

Re: Travelling to Kyoto on New Year Eve 2019/12/14 18:28
Don't worry.Go ahead with your plan.Transportation will be as usual.
by Donald (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travelling to Kyoto on New Year Eve 2019/12/14 18:36
Knowing that new year eve is a big travel for Japan

It's not; most people travel a couple days before.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travelling to Kyoto on New Year Eve 2019/12/14 23:29
One option will be to book your train tickets before you go. If they are available - then you can go to Amanohashidate - if not go directly to Kinosaki
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Travelling to Kyoto on New Year Eve 2019/12/16 10:49
Actually, 31 Dec is a fairly busy day for travel, but not as crazy and the weekend. Checking cyberstation the early express train #2 is mostly full and the green car has limited seats, but currently the other services seem to have good availability.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Travelling to Kyoto on New Year Eve 2019/12/16 11:23
I'm not sure but I travelled from Kanazawa to Kyoto on New Years day several years ago and we really struggled getting seats, we ended up with reserved seats all over the carriage.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread