Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Pay/deposit to Japan Post from outside Japan 2019/12/14 08:41
I need to pay/deposit to a Japan Post account as payment to a bus company (which only accepts Japan Post deposits)
* how to do it if i am outside japan, (i am residing in Manila and needs)
* a friend will be visiting Japan soon as a tourist, I can ask a favor for her to pay but neither of us has any local bank account in Japan..
by nach0 (guest)  

Re: Pay/deposit to Japan Post from outside Japan 2019/12/14 16:11
You can do a regular bank transfer, but the fees will be high.

Does the Philippines post service do international money orders? If so, look into whether they do direct transfer to JP Bank accounts, the fees could be lower than for a bank transfer.

Transferwise could work, but it's unclear whether the recipient will like it because on their side the name of the sender will be shown as Transferwise, not you.

Your friend can do the deposit in cash from a JP Bank ATM in Japan, no need to have an account.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Pay/deposit to Japan Post from outside Japan 2019/12/14 19:33
Your friend can pay into Japan Post bankfs account with cash, you donft need to have an account.

If you try to pay in from outside Japan, there will be transfer fee on your bank, and another fee on the receiving end, that the amount that reaches the recipient will be far less.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread