Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ginzan onsen accomodation 2019/12/15 22:31
i will be visiting ginzan onsen on 19th feb 2020.i am planning to stay 1 night there.however i couldn't get to book any accommodation there.anyone can advice how to get a room there?or which hotel/ryokan have room available on that day?i look through all the suggested ryokan but all are sold out.please suggest a ryokan or any way i can get a room on that day.thanks in advance.
by lee (guest)  

Re: Ginzan onsen accomodation 2019/12/16 13:11
I've had a quick look at Japanican, rakuten travel, Jalan english, booking.com, Airbnb and can't see anything. You may have to consider staying elsewhere in Yamagata and going on a daytrip.
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: Ginzan onsen accomodation 2019/12/16 14:06

Ginzan onsen is very popular, unfortunately, accommodations are very limited. We visited the place last year and initially could not find any accommodation. I checked once every few days, and was about to give up, luckily one day there was a cancellation at Fujiya, we had no second thought but to reserve it. Feb, I would assume, is high season; would not be unusual if rooms were taken months ago.
You may request to be put on a waiting-list, you'd never know, all the best!
by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ginzan onsen accomodation 2019/12/17 00:08
thanks sal1980 and shinji for helping to check out the hotel availability..feel so disappointed that i couldnt get a room there.have been searching every few weeks since september and had e mail them,but all the response are the same,sold out.since i have to do a day trip there,am i still able to enjoy the night view with lights over there?saw the scenery is the best at night with snow and light on the street.
i will try again @shinji to look again see if there is miracle that i can managed to get a room.
by lee (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ginzan onsen accomodation 2019/12/17 04:13
Regarding scenery, well itfs a village. It doesnft close after dark. So you can definitely walk around after dark (which is early in Japan).

The disadvantage of not securing a room in a ryokan is that you have much more limited choice of bathing. The two public ones are indoor only. Some of the Romans open their onsen for day trippers, but with limited hours.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ginzan onsen accomodation 2019/12/17 16:34
thanks @likeBike.its okay if I have limited choice of bathing. what matter most is I want to enjoy the beautiful night scenery along the streets in the village.and take lots of photos :)
just worry we are not in time to catch the last bus to oishida station at 1821 which seems too early to leave the village :P

Re: Ginzan onsen accomodation 2019/12/17 18:06

18:21 which seems too early to leave the village
No, won't be too early. Remember, your visit will be in deep winter, by 16:00 all the street lights will be on, by 17:00-18:00 it will dark. The main street is barely 300 meters, you have ample time to take photos.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ginzan onsen accomodation 2019/12/19 03:11
thanks for enlightened me.that was actually my major concern which is do not have ample time to take photos and stroll along the village at night.then it is much cheaper staying near oishida if that is the case.

Re: Ginzan onsen accomodation 2019/12/19 19:59
the last bus goes back at 18:21 according to http://www.hanagasa-bus-taisei.co.jp/base.html, so yes, you should have pretty enough time to make night-pictures before in february. (note that this woulndt work in summer, but since it is februar it should be dark after 17:00 at least) and ginzan is very small
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread