Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR ticket office in Ueno 2019/12/18 22:26
Hi, I missed the ticket office at the Narita Airport as my flight delay.I checked Hyperdia web site and therefs a Shinkansen Komachi to Kakunodate tomorrow at 9.11am. Could I get my JR East Pass exchange at Ueno ticket office tomorrow morning and get a ticket for the Shinkansen then. The JR service center open at 8.30am. Instead of waiting for the service center, Ifm wondering could I get my ticket at the ticket office.
Thanks.
by vuzu  

Re: JR ticket office in Ueno 2019/12/19 13:53
Unless you can find something that says that JR Pass exchange is possible at ticket offices, you'll have to wait for the service centre. It's not a matter if simply looking at your voucher and handing over a pass...
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR ticket office in Ueno 2019/12/19 13:55
Ticket office is the same area as service center. Yes you can exchange for pass and get tickets at same time but get there early as a line will form before opening.
by TW (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR ticket office in Ueno 2019/12/20 07:01
You cannot get your ticket before exchanging your pass, and you can only exchange your pass at the Travel Service Center, not at the regular ticket office.

If you want to exchange your pass earlier, you can do it at Tokyo station, where the Travel Service Center opens at 7:30.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread