Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone to Agematsu 2019/12/22 02:17
we will be travelling from Hokone to the Kiso valley for one night only, staying in Agematsu hoping to walk from Magome to Tsumago on to our hotel , the next day travel on to Kyoto.
what is the best and cheapest way to do this please
by Jean Webb (guest)  

Re: Hakone to Agematsu 2019/12/22 17:54
Best and cheapest are not often the same. From Hakone to Agematsu is not a simple straight line as both have access issues, so you might chose a bus or train (or combination), but it is going to take a while.
My quick search for buses versus trains suggested some pretty horrible routes including a 5 1/2 hour over-night bus (because of the time of day here in Tokyo), or a fairly long train ride (but cheaper than the bus).

What I would normally recommend is rearrange your travel so that you departure/destination for both Hakone and Agematsu are easier to get to. Hakone is accessible from Tokyo, Agematsu is accessible from Kyoto/Nagoya (well, slightly more accessible). Heading to those obscure places in the alps simply takes time.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone to Agematsu 2019/12/22 18:14
Thank you for your email, i had thought about going from Odawara to Nagoya Station then the ltd express train to Nakatsugawa station, a bus to Magome walk the trail to Tsumago station train or bus to Nagiso , then on to Agematsu.
Is this possible to do in one day as i havn't looked at the times for travel
Thanking you in advance
by Jean webb (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread