Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Pet hotel for small animals 2019/12/22 13:02
I am in the Kansai region. I know some pet stores have pet hotel/sitting service for dogs and cats but is there any that take other animals like guinea pigs, rabbits or birds?
by Su (guest)  

Re: Pet hotel for small animals 2019/12/22 19:10
As far as I can tell from internet searches, yes, there are. Which prefecture/city are you in (please let us know if you want us to send you some specific names)? But I am not in Kansai, so I do not have any personal recommendations.
Or if you’ve ever taken your small pets to a vet, you could ask at your vet?
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Pet hotel for small animals 2019/12/22 21:16
AK- I live in Kobe city, Hyogo Prefecture. Oh I see, do veterinarians also provide a petsitting/hotel service? I tried with just the term ペットホテル but had a hard time to specifically look for one for small animals.
by Su (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Pet hotel for small animals 2019/12/22 21:54
I recommend hiring a pet sitter instead of pet hotels to avoid to put them in stress from the unfamiliar environment and existence of the other animals.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Pet hotel for small animals 2019/12/22 22:05
Some vet clinics do have pet hotels on-site as well. But what I meant was that, rather than asking someone here, it might be an idea to contact your vet for "their recommendations" for good pet-related facilities :)

Re: Pet hotel for small animals 2019/12/22 22:07
Try with: 神戸市 (Kobe city), ペットホテル (pet hotel), and 小動物 (small animals) or うさぎ (rabbits).

Re: Pet hotel for small animals 2019/12/22 22:10
Yes, depending on the pet, you could also consider a pet-sitter as well.

But for pet hotels, searches turned up places like:
https://xfrjd844.wixsite.com/elfi
(In Higashi-nada ku)

http://petsitter-fluffy.com/hotel/index.html
(In Chuo-ku)

Please note that those are just from web searches and are not my personal recommendations.

Re: Pet hotel for small animals 2019/12/22 23:04
..(guest) wrote "I recommend hiring a pet sitter instead of pet hotels to avoid to put them in stress from the unfamiliar environment and existence of the other animals."
-- yeah actually I would prefer a pet sitter but I was really unsure if that is a thing in Japan, so that is why I asked about pet hotels as an option but definitely pet sitter options can be recommended.

AK- thanks for the website links and the terms, I'll look into those, and will ask the veterinarian office too, thanks!

Re: Pet hotel for small animals 2019/12/22 23:32
Hiring a pet sitter is quite common here. I'm Japanese who lives with ferrets and I always do it when I have to make my home vacant.
I've hired 3 sitters in total and all of them satisfied me. All of them were licensed animal technician with experience at animal clinics as well.
The fee was around 3,000-4,000 yen+actual commuter cost per day (30min). They all sent me a report with pics every time they finished taking care of my ferrets.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Pet hotel for small animals 2019/12/22 23:57
.. (guest)- That is good to know, I will try to research as much as I can looking into that.

reply to this thread