Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan transit visa 2019/12/23 18:16
I'm travelling to and from Canada from India via Japan with Japan Airlines, on my return my flight will reach Narita International around 1630Hrs and my connecting flight to India is at 1055Hrs from Haneda International on the next day. During this period there is an airport change as well.

I read online that I would have to claim my bags and pass through immigration since there is an airport change and that the airports close down in Japan during night.

My question is will I have to obtain a transit visa before I travel or can I get a transit visa on arrival?

The official at the Japanese embassy says that I have to obtain a transit visa before I travel from India, where as the airline says that transit visa will be issued when I arrive at Narita International. The only thing is that I should have a hotel booking prior to my arrival at Narita.
by HermanSodhi  

Re: Japan transit visa 2019/12/25 11:42
First if the embassy informs you than you can assume they are right.
If you have an Indian nationality you need to apply for a transit visa prior arrival.
You can stay up to 15 days outside the airport.
You mention you will collect your bags so after customs clearance which means you are leaving the airport.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

reply to this thread