Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shirakawago light-up 2019/12/26 03:28
Hi,
I am planning to go for Shirakawago light-up event from Tokyo (Shinjuku) in February.
After doing some research from japan-guide.com, I figured out the cheapest transport option for me would be to buy the round trip bus packageTokyo (Shinjuku) - Takayama-Shirakawago from willerexpress. com at 12, 130 yen
https://willerexpress.com/en/hotel-bus-tour/shirakawago-lightup/
My concern is, does the package include shuttle bus to Shiroyama Viewpoint? If not, where and when do I buy the bus ticket? (japan-guide.com says tourist association's website. Can anyone kindly provide the link to the website).
Also, I wonder if this is indeed the cheapest option or are there any other cheaper options? I won't be purchasing the Japan Rail Pass.
by Chan (guest)  

Re: Shirakawago light-up 2019/12/26 10:52
The webpage you linked says you view the event "from the observatory", which suggests that a ticket to the viewpoint is included. It's hard to know for sure, though, so perhaps e-mail the company; I find that Japanese companies are very quick with e-mail responses (usually within a day or two).

At this late stage, I would suggest buying this package regardless as most others would have already sold out. You can see on your link that there are only a few seats left on most of the dates, and the later February dates have already sold out. I doubt there would be cheaper options from Tokyo (which is quite a distance from Shirakawago). This event is very popular and if you spend too much time considering other options, you might miss out!
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawago light-up 2019/12/28 00:10
Thanks for your reply. Just in case the shuttle bus to the observervatory isn't included, may I know where to buy the tickets? Is there a link to the official website?
by Chan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawago light-up 2019/12/28 02:31
I believe you have to book a tour with the shuttle bus ticket included, or be staying in the village (all sold out!). They probably won't sell tickets there on the day to prevent it from getting too crowded.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawago light-up 2019/12/28 04:47
Shirakawago isn't that big and the climb isn't that difficult.
by <^> (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawago light-up 2019/12/28 15:37
Just in case the shuttle bus to the observervatory isn't included, may I know where to buy the tickets?

If it is not included in the bus tour, then you can't go there.

Shirakawago isn't that big and the climb isn't that difficult.

The observatory cannot be reach on foot during the light-up event.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawago light-up 2019/12/29 22:09
You may refer to the website below:

https://shirakawa-go.gr.jp/en/events/2020%e5%b9%b4%e7%99%bd%e5%b7%9d%e9%83%b7%e3%83%a9%e3%82%a4%e3%83%88%e3%82%a2%e3%83%83%e3%83%97%ef%bc%9a12%e6%9c%881%e6%97%a5%e6%9b%b4%e6%96%b0/

Regarding the access to the observatory, I sent an email to Shirakawago Tourist Association if they accept climb up to the observatory on foot during the light-up at night or not.
by Hirohiroboy rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawago light-up 2019/12/30 09:00
Walking to the observation deck is not possible during the light-up.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawago light-up 2019/12/31 20:22
I received response from Shirakawago Tourist Association.
It says only the person who has a ticket for shuttle bus to observatory can walk up to the observatory.
by Hirohiroboy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread