Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bringing printer in to plane and into Japan 2019/12/28 19:43
Hello all.

I live in Japan and I want to bring my printer back with me to Japan from the UK.

I want to take it with me on the airplane.

Will this be ok with bringing it on the plane and bringing it into Japan.

Thank you.
by olryst  

Re: Bringing printer in to plane and into Japan 2019/12/29 17:34
Does your printer work with the different electricity in Japan? I think in EU we have 220V and in Japan only 110V or 100V
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bringing printer in to plane and into Japan 2019/12/30 10:09
For bringing it on the airplane, make sure it fits within the size requirement for hand carried baggage, and that if they ask to open the packaging at airport security it can easily be done. Any battery in it? Check with the airline that some components donft cause security issue.
If it is an used one, bringing it into Japan should cause no customs issue.
Also check for voltage compatibility (or buy a transformer) as the voltage in Japan is 100V.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Bringing printer in to plane and into Japan 2019/12/30 21:54
Many electronics these days can cope with both the 220-240V or 100-120V range, but some will not, so it's important to check the label near the power input on the printer to make sure.

I have previously brought a desktop PC in a suitcase to Japan in my hold luggage, so there should not be a problem with this kind of thing.
by Robin (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread