Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kagoshima Welcome Cute Card 2019/12/30 03:40
I'm traveling to Kagoshima for two nights in March. I'm thinking of getting the welcome cute card. I plan to use the tram to get to/from my hotel on arival/departure, visit a few museums & catch the ferry to/from & bus around Sakurajima. I know what transport the card covers, that it offers some discount on museums & is available in 1 & 2 day versions.
Does anyone know if the card is valid for 1/2 calendar days or if it 24/48hrs from validation? I've looked at the Kagoshima tourism website & it doesn't specify, knowing beforehand will help me decide wether the 1 or 2 day is more cost effective. Any more info on what discounts are available with the card would also be appreciated.
Thank you
by Harvey Dines (guest)  

Re: Kagoshima Welcome Cute Card 2019/12/30 10:31
Does anyone know if the card is valid for 1/2 calendar days or if it 24/48hrs from validation? I've looked at the Kagoshima tourism website & it doesn't specify, knowing beforehand will help me decide wether the 1 or 2 day is more cost effective.

Welcome to Kagoshima (I am a resident of Kagoshima prefecture)!

I looked at the site, and no they don't specify about the valid duration. I think this is because in Japan, these kind of pass is based on calendar days in general. There are some exceptions, but they don't think they must mention about that. I think this card does not have magnetic or IC information, but you need to scratch the date you will be using.

Any more info on what discounts are available with the card would also be appreciated.

https://www.kagoshima-kankou.com/for/highlights/cutepass/cute_kagoshim...

As you see most if not all the attractions are participating. It will be 10-20 % discount or some small gift (such as a postcard at Sengan-en souvenir shop: no discount in Sengan-en).
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Kagoshima Welcome Cute Card 2019/12/31 01:58
Thank you for your reply.

I'll try to workout which pass is best for me. I arrive just after 14:00 on Friday 27/03 & will leave around 09:30 on Sunday 29/03, so should still get good use from the card.

I plan to visit a museum or 2 on the Friday afternoon, take the Fish market tour on Saturday morning, go to Ibusuki via the Ibusuki no Tametebako on Saturday morning till early afternoon, hopefully visiting the Sand baths & then Sakurajima Saturday afternoon.

Does this sound like a reasonoble plan & as a Kagoshima local, is there anything you'd recommend that the guide books don't tell you about?
by Harvey Dines (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kagoshima Welcome Cute Card 2019/12/31 17:33
I plan to visit a museum or 2 on the Friday afternoon, take the Fish market tour on Saturday morning, go to Ibusuki via the Ibusuki no Tametebako on Saturday morning till early afternoon, hopefully visiting the Sand baths & then Sakurajima Saturday afternoon.

Does this sound like a reasonoble plan & as a Kagoshima local, is there anything you'd recommend that the guide books don't tell you about?

Well, I myself do not like sand bath. At least, it will be tiring so I don't recommend it for mid-day. After that you may not want to do something (like traveling to Sakurajima). It depends on personal preference, but in my opinion, the best three in Kagoshima is 1. Sakurajima (active volcano close to city) 2. Chiran (preserved Samurai district) and 3. Healthy Land Onsen.

https://bit.ly/39wmpy7

Honestly there are almost no historic buildings in Kagoshima city due to Meiji restoration and WWII.

Sakurajima and the "Healthy Land" are good if the weather is fine. So I would go on day 1 to Sakurajima if the weather is fine. You can see Sakurajima from some observatories in Kagoshima city, and it will be nice in the afternoon due to the direction of the sunlight. On day 2, you may want to try the Healthy Land, if the weather is fine. You can take bus at JR Ibusuki station to the Healthy Land.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Kagoshima Welcome Cute Card 2020/1/5 06:39
Thank you, I'll take a look at Healthy Land
by Harvey D (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread