Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Enter the US with only a Japanese passport? 2019/12/30 14:32
I'm an American married to a Japanese and we're having trouble getting the paperwork needed to declare his birth, but we need to get back to the US soon. Our passport and report of birth is still pending.
Can our child to enter the US with only a Japanese passport?
by Phil (guest)  

Re: Enter the US with only a Japanese passport? 2019/12/31 01:43
Don't worry.Japanese passport give your child to enter more than 190 country's without a visa.So your child enter USA as visa free national.
by Johnson (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Enter the US with only a Japanese passport? 2019/12/31 03:41
You can enter and stay in USA for 90 days with a Japanese Passport. So I guess you'll have 90 days to sort it out if you travel before getting citizenship or a visa for your child.

by TW (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Enter the US with only a Japanese passport? 2019/12/31 03:48
Actually I take that back, Sorry. I do not think you can enter USA with the 90 day tourism visa waiver if you intend to stay longer than 90 days. So if this is a long term move, talk to the US embassy in Japan before traveling to US.

If this is just for a short visit to see family, then the above 90 day free entry applies.
by TW (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Enter the US with only a Japanese passport? 2019/12/31 08:59
US law requires dual citizens to enter the US with a US passport. You may be able to get away with entering on a JP passport but it's technically against the law.

Does the embassy know you need to travel soon?
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread