Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan: 14 days, nature, culture and cities 2019/12/30 21:17
Hello everybody.

Me and my friend are going to Japan on the 1st of April for two weeks. I have started checking out all the interesting places to visit thanks to your forum and website but I came across so many questions.
So basically, we are two nature and culture lovers, who are interested in seeing city life a bit as well. I'm going to write you a short plan which I have already in my mind and all the ideas and suggestions are more than welcome.
First, we will be going to Sendai to visit my friend for few days. We want to have a day-trip to Fukushima disaster zone but we are still looking information about that. Is it worth buying a 14 day JR pass maybe 5-day JR Kansai Hiroshima Area Pass is enough? Also, I'm thinking maybe it is too much to see in two weeks? We don't want to get tired at the middle of the trip and also we prefer not to be in a rush and enjoy the moment. Finally, I skipped Hakone, Himeji and Nikko but maybe it is a bad idea even though I don't know how should I fit everything. Here is the plan:

2 April - arriving to Narita Airport and heading to Sendai
3 April - Day trip to Yamadera;
4 April - Day trip to Shiogama and Matsushima Bay;
5 April - Day trip to Fukushima disaster zone with the tour
6 April - Maybe spend some time somewhere in between Sendai and Kyoto with an easy access to an onsen? Maybe Shirakawago or Karuizawa. In the evening, arriving to Kyoto
7 April - Kyoto - Tetsugaku no michi, Keage incline
8 April - Kyoto - Shoren-in temple, Arashiyama, Higashiyama, Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine
9 April - Day trip to Nara, come back to Kyoto
10 April - Kyoto to Osaka
11 April - Osaka to Hiroshima and Miyajima (overnight there)
12 April - Miyajima to Tokyo
13 April - Tokyo - Kawaguchiko to Oishi Park. Is it possible to rent a bike ant cycle around the lake?
14 April - Tokyo - Enoshima/Kamakura
15 April - Tokyo center - Ueno Park, Mori Digital Art Museum, Roppongi hills, Shibuya
16 April - departure from Narita Airport.

We will appreciate every single one of suggestions.

Thank you.
by Neych  

Re: Japan: 14 days, nature, culture and cities 2019/12/31 14:51
You have a good news.That is you can go Osaka to Tokyo by highway bus for 1500 yen.Or,From Tokyo to Osaka for 1500 yen,one way fare
But I suggest you to buy JR nation wide pass.
by Roh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan: 14 days, nature, culture and cities 2019/12/31 15:08
Thank you for the answer. I would prefer to go by train even though it is more expensive but way faster and less tiring.
by Neych rate this post as useful

Re: Japan: 14 days, nature, culture and cities 2019/12/31 19:38
Hello Neych, I think the 8th April has too many places to visit.
by Ale345 rate this post as useful

Re: Japan: 14 days, nature, culture and cities 2019/12/31 22:07
6 April - Maybe spend some time somewhere in between Sendai and Kyoto with an easy access to an onsen? Maybe Shirakawago or Karuizawa. In the evening, arriving to Kyoto
Shirakawa isnft known for onsen. But for Gassho tsukuri architecture. Itfs also not really in the way from Sendai to Kyoto.
Karuizawa has some onsen, but isnft like a well known onsen resort and again not really on the way.
Ifd maybe look at some onsen on Lake Biwa? (But I donft have any recommendations. But remember an other user on this portal LazyPious ??? who has)

10 April - Kyoto to Osaka
Kyoto and Osaka are close enough together that if you donft want to, you donft need to switch hotels. You could just come back with a he last train from Osaka to Kyoto (or earlier)

13 April - Tokyo - Kawaguchiko to Oishi Park. Is it possible to rent a bike ant cycle around the lake?

Yes , it is. A quick google search found multiple outlets:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=kawaguchiko+rental+bike&ie=UTF-8&oe=...

I havenft cycled around it myself yet, but it should be nice and reasonably flat. Beware though that many bicycles for rent in Japan are of the gmamachari g type, meaning they are heavy duty , very low sitting bicycles that might come without gears. If you want something more fancy, select an appropriate shop.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!

by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread