Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Passport ED less than 6 months 2020/1/6 00:12
Hi All,

Appreciate if you can comment on below matter.

I am possessing valid Japan residence card and planning to re-enter Japan with my passport expiry date being less than 6 months. Will this plan work?
Thing requires me to re-enter Japan from other country I will be visiting for extended period of time, giving me away from my home country and have little chance to have time to get my passport renewed.
by Maulana (guest)  

Re: Passport ED less than 6 months 2020/1/6 14:59
Unlike some other countries, Japan does not require passports of people entering to be valid beyond a certain duration. As long as it is valid at the time you enter Japan, you will be okay.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Passport ED less than 6 months 2020/1/6 17:49
Thing requires me to re-enter Japan from other country I will be visiting for extended period of time, giving me away from my home country and have little chance to have time to get my passport renewed.
So renew in Japan.
I renewed my passport from Japan with no problem, it was actually processed in London (due to damage to the passport office in Wellington due to an earthquake). Many countries have citizens residing overseas - it would be very inconvenient if the renewal process required you to return to your home country, but different places have different rules.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread