Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

HND-NRT travel for connecting flight 2020/1/8 18:26
Hi, I am flying to Texas from Vietnam on Jan 10th. I have to transport from HND airport to NRT airport and I have only 4:35 minutes of transit time. I Am very nervous and I have some questions about this. Also, if you have had the same experience, please share it with me.
1. Luggage. Is it necessary to take the 2 check-in baggages of 50 pounds each and my carry-ons In HND and check in all over again in NRT? I am going on my own, so it will be very hard to carry all of them. Should I reduce the amount of luggage?
2. Banned items. I know there are banned items in American airport like fresh seeds and meat but I have no idea of Japanese. Is there Anything allowed in the US but banned in Japan?
3. Means of transport. What is the fastest way to travel and where to get them? How much does it cost?
4. Money. Should I get some Japanese Yen and how much do I need? Is US debit card or US cash ok?
5. Visa. Do I need to get a visa for this? Also, is there any custom check that I should follow before leaving the airport?
And lastly, if I get lost is it OK to ask in English, and I dont know any japanese so I am very nervous

by Minh (guest)  

Re: HND-NRT travel for connecting flight 2020/1/9 08:39
The easiest way is to take the bus - it's a straight shot and no hassles of changing trains etc. You are entering Japan so you have to go through Customs, Immigration and Quarantine. You just need to take your bags after all that to the bus stop. You'll have to check in your stuff again in NRT. If what you are taking is a lot, then reduce what you can.
For banned items, every nation is different of course. Japan is very strict about bringing in raw fruits, vegetables, meats etc, as well as drugs like any opiates or pseudoephedrine. Just don't.
http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/
For money, you can easily use your ATM card at the airport, at a 7-11 (or 7-Bank) ATM or Japanese post office ATM. But they dispense 10,000 yen notes. If you just want a little, then there are banks there as well. If you plan to use your ATM card, make sure to tell your bank before your trip so they don't suspect fraud and freeze your account.
As a US citizen, you don't need any visa - you get a landing permit upon landing.
For language problems, there are some smart phone apps you can use, or the airport people can generally speak basic English. If you are just lost in the middle of nowhere, it is often better to find some young people and write out your question in simple words - they read much better than hear English. They are usually happy to help you.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread