Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Having to leave Japan suddenly 2020/1/8 20:25
While at home in the UK for Christmas my father suffered a severe stroke - it looks like i'll need to remain in the UK for the foreseeable future.

I'm trying to contact my landlord to see what my options are regarding the apartment.

My questions to this forum:
1. How should I pay my upcoming health insurance and residence tax bills? (I usually do it via konbini)
2. What should I do with Internet/Electricity/Gas bills - also usually paid via konbini. Should I just let them overrun then get cut off?
3. Is there a way to 'leave' Japan from overseas, so all I need to do is come and pick up my belongings and handover the apartment?

Many thanks

by Michael (guest)  

Re: Having to leave Japan suddenly 2020/1/9 10:47
Any employer or school that can pick up postal items and take care of some payments on your behalf?
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Having to leave Japan suddenly 2020/1/9 16:30
I am sorry to hear about your father. Wish him all the best.

Presumably you have a bank account in Japan. You could pay by bank transfer.
Just not paying is like robing money.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Having to leave Japan suddenly 2020/1/9 18:48
Thank you - yes I think the best way is to just get someone to pick up my bills and pay for me - then I transfer them the money. Thanks!
by Michael (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Having to leave Japan suddenly 2020/1/9 19:10
If you have someone who can do that for you, that would be the best. Also for utilities like gas and water, they will have to contact the utility companies for them to come and turn it off (and mark it as "turned off") if that is what you want to do.
Best wishes for you and your father.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Having to leave Japan suddenly 2020/1/10 09:11
I think payment of utilities and taxes are not serious. you need to empty your apartment to terminate the contract.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread