Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Marriage with tourist visa 2020/1/9 12:57
My gf and I met ten years ago. We planning to go to Japan to get married. Wefll be entering Japan on a tourist visa. Can two foreigners on tourist visa get married in Japan?
by Maddy (guest)  

Re: Marriage with tourist visa 2020/1/9 16:37
So far I understand is that you have to be legally living in Japan to get officially married.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Marriage with tourist visa 2020/1/9 16:51
There was an old thread about this - please understand that "legal marriage" in Japan is just reporting that you are getting married to the city/ward hall. No small ceremony as in the UK county hall, no church ceremony (that is "wedding ceremony").

It sounded like a lot of paperwork for a relatively unceremonious procedure, but please read through to find out what "Josh" did:
https://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?2+24492
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Marriage with tourist visa 2020/1/10 09:29
If you have all of the necessary paper-work, very easy to get married in Japan on a tourist visa. I've helped two couples do it (one from USA, other from UK). Check with the office you plan to use as there are differences - we used Minato city office both times.
Documents, translations and appropriate affidavits.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread