Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Recommendations on a ryokan in Nikko 2020/1/13 12:06
Hello,

I'm looking for a nice ryokan in Nikko(preferably in the city area) and less modern and accomodated to Western turists:-)With meals option, and under 20000Y per person per night...Any ideas or recommendations?
by Dasha (guest)  

Re: Recommendations on a ryokan in Nikko 2020/1/13 17:02
Hi, check out the Nikko Kanaya hotel. It is one of several classic hotels in Japan, essentially western style hotels built between 1880 and about 1920 (which includes the Nara Hotel). We stayed there several years ago now but is is spectacular. It isnt a ryokan as such but it does have dinner and breakfast plans. The location (adjacent to the river and red bridge) is great too.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Recommendations on a ryokan in Nikko 2020/1/13 23:37
Thanks, I meant I'm interested in the place LESS accomodated to Western tourist...Kanaya Hotel looks very Western-style...
by Daria (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Recommendations on a ryokan in Nikko 2020/1/14 04:40
Lol, yes it is a western style hotel which I had read your question as wanting, I can now see that wasnt what you were asking.

Worth having a look at while you are there though, it is like a museum.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread