Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Chureito pagoda 2020/1/13 22:13
We are planning on renting a car in Kawaguchiko to visit Fuji and sites in the area. We are keen to visit the pagoda, but I have mobility issues. I have been googling and there is a road up to the pagoda but it appears closed on google maps.
How would we go about getting access to this road in April 2020?
by Stephanie Umina (guest)  

Re: Chureito pagoda 2020/1/14 14:19
We too had driven there twice during the cherry blossom season in April and couldnft drive directly up the hill. We had to park at the car park shown below and hiked up those long steps.

https://goo.gl/maps/ixTNPqpMrJ44a4Qj6

by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Chureito pagoda 2020/1/14 14:51
That road is for wheelchair access. You can take a car up it. It is clearly signed. Speak to the info desk at the bottom of the hill when you arrive.
by Hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Chureito pagoda 2020/1/14 20:35
Since I wanted to ask some stuff about this and in order to avoid creating a new thread, I plan to go there without JR Pass in a 1 day trip from Tokyo, is it difficult access, worth it during early August? Note that I've already been to Fuji summit during summer 2018 and saw the sunrise there.

What do you think?
by Peter1986 rate this post as useful

Re: Chureito pagoda 2020/1/15 08:44
You dont need a jr pass. The train line closest isnt a jr line anyway.

I caught the train to visit it. Very easy transfer from jr to fujiku at otsuki station.
by Hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread