Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to bring my mom to japan. I am Japanese 2020/1/15 16:56
I am 27 years half-japanese and half-vietnamese. I want to live with my mother currently in vietnam who is now 50 years old but she is already divorced to my dad which nullifies her priviledge to come here in japan. Is there anyway I can make her come here not for a short term but for good. I am really worried for her.
by vien (guest)  

Re: How to bring my mom to japan. I am Japanese 2020/1/15 19:12
There seems to be this gdesignated activitiesh category under which you could possibly apply for her, if you can say that she is living alone, difficult to make a living in her country, no brother/sister to support her, you in Japan have sufficient financial means to support her living in Japan, etc. (Some cases for elder parents seem to be approved, though.) The path seems to be that you bring her over first on Temporary Visitor status, then apply for a change to this gdesignated activitiesh status. There seems to be no clear rules/criteria, and cases are handled on an individual consideration. You might want to contact an immigration lawyer to help you with this.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread