Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

From tourist visa to working visa 2020/1/16 03:09
Hi I wanna ask something I hope you guys can help me out,

I live in japan for almost 20years already and I'm a japanese citizen already. (I'm half japnese and half filipino) Got job and working for 10years already.

I have 1 brother in philippine (Filipino citizen) who I wanna bring here in japan to work.
Is it possible to change the tourist visa into working visa ? I can sponsor him while he's here in japan.
Also my company needs more people so I can ask them to hire my brother , (But they cant do a sponsor for visa so I will do it instead)

Is it possible?
by Adons (guest)  

Re: From tourist visa to working visa 2020/1/16 10:46
Hello! Why not just apply to have him work for you and hire him? That would be easier than trying to go for a tourist visa and then trying to change it to working. As for the Philippines, I know the tourist visa is much less time compared to other countries and in order to get a work visa, it sometimes takes 3-4 months just to get one which he would be in breach of his current visa and overstaying if that were the case.

It may just be easier to hire from overseas to be quite honest and go through the process. Also, if he were here on a tourist visa and he obviously wants to work for you, what's to stop him from working right away? It would be illegal to do so and if immigration finds out, he would be kicked out. Just keep it in mind when applying if you choose to do a tourist visa and then work visa as it does take time to process.
by Motti15 rate this post as useful

Re: From tourist visa to working visa 2020/1/16 11:05
Above post mention you can hire your brother, which does not make sense since you are not a company.
The only way your brother can get a working visa is to find a sponsor (employer, company) who is willing to hire him.

As a person you cannot sponsor him since there is no relevant visa in this category.
Consider if this is the case everyone would sponsor someone for inviting a person in to Japan.
Also there is no grounded reason that your brother has to come to Japan.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: From tourist visa to working visa 2020/1/16 11:25
You can be the "guarantor2 for him as a brother, but it has to be a company who sponsors him for the work visa. Does he fulfill the requirements for one of the work visa categories?
Also, changing from temporary visitor status to work status while in Japan has been getting more difficult recently.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: From tourist visa to working visa 2020/1/16 13:10
Thanks for the reply guys! It helps me alot.

Anyway is there any process that I can invite my brother here in japan to work aside from getting sponsor from a company? So he can start working here.
by Adons (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: From tourist visa to working visa 2020/1/16 14:26
He needs a work visa to work... If he doesn't have that and has another type of visa that doesn't allow work, then he can't work. You should just try to apply for the work visa and have a company sponsor him.
by Motti15 rate this post as useful

Re: From tourist visa to working visa 2020/1/17 05:17
Thanks for the reply! I see..

How about not a working visa but instead long term stay visa? since he has no family anymore in philippine , me and my mother live together in japan.

Can I invite him using a tourist visa then change it to Long term visa and then Certificate of Eligibility?
by Adons (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: From tourist visa to working visa 2020/1/17 08:34
To be honest there is no other way to change his status and long term status is for the peoples married with Japanese having children and then got divorced and like other special circumstances if you want your brother just to live with you you find a company to sponsor him as now adays many companies hiring Filipino or you just find someone to marry him.
by Asian (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: From tourist visa to working visa 2020/1/17 12:32
Thanks for the reply (Above)

I mean my brother is actually a son of a japanese (We have the same father)
but since my father is already gone few years ago , and since my Brother is not on (Family register) here in japan , I'm not sure how to do the process.
by Ando22 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread