Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Setting address for Amazon deliver to combini 2020/1/16 15:31
Hello!
I'm currently visiting Japan, and I wanted to buy some things from Amazon. However, the place I'm staying at doesn't allow to receive packages from Amazon, so I thought about having the package sent to a nearby combini (either Family Mart, Lawson or 7-eleven is fine), but I'm not sure how to properly set the address.
Should I just input my name and the address of the combini? What phone do I put? Please help me.
Thanks everyone in advance
by Jfguitar  

Re: Setting address for Amazon deliver to combini 2020/1/16 19:46
Do not set your address as the convenience store. I've never heard of anyone doing this and the staff at the convenience store may not even accept delivery of an Amazon package they are not expecting, addressed to some foreigner they have never heard of.

Checkout as usual, and on the shipping screen where you choose your address there is an option to setup a pickup location. Here you can choose from a list of locations.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Setting address for Amazon deliver to combini 2020/1/16 20:10
Yes, LIZfs post describes the correct procedure – and I assume you are talking about purchasing from amazon.co.jp, correct? (Otherwise they probably wonft recognize combini delivery to begin with). And be sure the gship within XX days/weeksh is ok with the time of your stay here.

You might enter your current address as is, so that amazon can suggest nearby combini locations (they show it on a map) as possible delivery locations. Then you select one from the list.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Setting address for Amazon deliver to combini 2020/1/17 08:57
First you need to have a Japanese Amazon account.
If you us another account (from your country) it will not work.
Because the system is linked to your location.

At Japanese amazon you can select pick up location were you want the package to be delivered.
Select the option you want (confirm opening times, and stock)

I do not know well if you can register your credit card if you plan to use since you may not have Japanese credit card. But you can buy gift cards and use them also as payment. Gift cards can be bought at convenience stores etc.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Setting address for Amazon deliver to combini 2020/1/17 12:34
I bought a book from amazon.jp and had it delivered to a nearby combini a couple of years ago while in Kyoto. My US credit card worked fine.....
I got an email when the package was ready and it had one of those codes in it that the combini clerk just scanned and gave me my package....very easy.
by Maranyc rate this post as useful

Re: Setting address for Amazon deliver to combini 2020/1/18 18:49
Thank you everyone! I got the delivery just fine. Thank you all for your help <3
by Jfguitar rate this post as useful

reply to this thread