Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Pass for Kyoto - Kii-Tanabe - Yunomine Onsen 2020/1/17 00:40
Is there a single pass that exists that would cover rail travel between Kyoto/Osaka and Kii-Tanabe, bus travel from Kii-Tanabe to Yunomine Onsen and then travel around the Yunomine Onsen area (e.g. Kumano Hongu Taisha)?
by lxjenkins  

Re: Pass for Kyoto - Kii-Tanabe - Yunomine Onsen 2020/1/17 10:30
There is the Ise-Kumano-Wakayama Atea pass, is a 5 day train and bus pass. Check the Japan Guide - Plan a Trip - Transportation - Rail Passes; for more information about the pass.

The Tanabe Tourism Website is a great source of information about the Kumano area, trails, bus schedules, hot springs, and more.

Good Luck, in planning your trip.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Pass for Kyoto - Kii-Tanabe - Yunomine Onsen 2020/1/17 23:24
Thank you. I take it no pass exists that would include bus travel from Kii-Tanabe to Yunomine Onsen then.
by lxjenkins rate this post as useful

Re: Pass for Kyoto - Kii-Tanabe - Yunomine Onsen 2020/1/18 05:58
There usually is a bus pass, and it has had different variations.

The Wakayama Area Pass was one version a few years back. If I remember correctly, it was a three day pass. It was good on several different bus companies.

After it went away. One company offered a multi day unlimited bus pass on just their busses.

Last year, there was a Kumano Kotsu Unlimited Bus Pass, which was 3000 yen for three days. I was not traveling to the Kumano Area last year, so I did not pay attention to the details. It was available from April 1st to November 30, and had a June 9th blackout date.

I have not seen anything showing what will be available this year. The Tanabe Tourism website seems to update their information the most, and has nothing about a multi day bus only pass.

At the Tanabe Tourism website, You can get the timetables for the busses from Tanabe along the Kumano trail (timetable 1, if I remember correctly). It will have a listing of which companyfs bus (Ryujin or Mexico) leaves at Tanabe, or, wherever you are starting from. You may have to check with that company.

I think there are 4 different companies that have busses from Shingu.

Once again, Good Luck.

Re: Pass for Kyoto - Kii-Tanabe - Yunomine Onsen 2020/1/18 07:56
Stupid autocorrect....

The two bus lines that have service from Tanabe to Taisha Hongu are Ryujin and Meico.

reply to this thread