Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Seto Inland Sea early March 2020 2020/1/17 05:13
Any recommendations for a solo traveler wishing to avoid organized tours and to visit interesting towns and islands in the Seto Inland Sea, using local ferries. From March 1 to March 5, starting out at and returning to Fukuoka (Kitakyushu), and hoping to find a good onsen-restaurant resort to spend a night or two at, on the way?
by mischsyl  

Re: Seto Inland Sea early March 2020 2020/1/17 12:49
The first place to come to me is Miyajima Island, but that is a tourist location. The is probably true of the bunny islands that are around.

Have you thought about walking or cycling the Shimanami Kaido? In Japan Guide, the page is found under Destinations - Chugoku - Onomichi - Shimanami Kaido.

There are several Interesting islands near Okayama too, but I looked at possible southern islands of Chugoku.

There is currently a featured story on Japan Guide about the Oki Islands. You might want to read it.

Good luck, in planning you trip.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Seto Inland Sea early March 2020 2020/1/19 06:43
Thank you so much for your suggestions!
by mischsyl rate this post as useful

Re: Seto Inland Sea early March 2020 2020/1/20 19:45
if you are around Onomichi and you like biking you can take the Shimanami Kaido in a slow pace during 2 days from Onomichi to Imabari.

During the journey by bike you can find a small town called Setoda which is very nice, there's a temple called Kosanji and few km from there there's a beach called Sunset Beach. You can go with ferry back and forth but I recommend doing the whole journey by bike. It was a great experience.
by Peter1986 rate this post as useful

Re: Seto Inland Sea early March 2020 2020/1/21 09:08
Thank you so much for the suggestion, it would be nice to take a bike but also the ferry! What I most want is to see the Sea, to be on the water, look at the islands and the sea, I think it must be very beautiful, full of little islets with temples, calm waters, it seems like a very special sea.
by mischsyl rate this post as useful

reply to this thread