Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

13 nights in Japan Itinerary 2020/1/18 10:44
First time in Japan, and will be traveling with 2 friends. We are in our late 20 to early 30'.
Mar 26 - Arrived at Narita Airport 11am, thinking of activating our 14 days JR Pass now. We have Hostel booked closed to Shinjuku Station. Shibuya Crossing, Meiji-Jingu, then finished it off with Robot Dinner
Mar 27 - Tokyo - Tsukiji Fish Market in Am then visit Teamlab Borderless, Ueno Park.
Mar 28- Day trip to Nikko, return to Tokyo for overnight
Mar 29 - Day trip to Kawaguchiko and go see the Chureito Pagoda, return to Tokyo for overnight
Mar 30 - Day trip to Kamakura then spending the night in Kyoto
Mar 31 - Inari Shrine and day trip to Nara, overnight in Kyoto
Apr 1 - Day trip to Hiroshima and Himeji, back to Osaka for overnight, check out Dotonbori at night,
Apr 2 - Osaka for half a day, then head back to Kyoto to see Kinkaku-ji temple and Philosopher's Path
Apr 3- Wake up early from Kyoto, Higashiyama, and Nishiki Market, Overnight in Kyoto
Apr 4- Kyoto - early am Arashiyama Bamboo forest and Monkey Park, then head to Nagoya Castle, and overnight in Nagoya
Apr 5- Day trip to Takayama and overnight in Takayama
Apr 6- Day trip to Shirakawa-go and go back to tokyo
Apr 7- Tokyo - Mario Kart Tour and Ueno Park
Apr 8- Fly back home

Is this too much, will it be doable? Will these plan, will the 14 days JR pass work better for me? Again thanks for all the inputs, greatly appreciated.
by Tim (guest)  

Re: 13 nights in Japan Itinerary 2020/1/18 15:07
Seems doable me.

A change I would make is to stay in Kyoto and not to change hotel to Osaka. Kyoto and Osaka are reasonably close that you donft need to change hotels. This gives you more flexibility in your days and less time lost in checking in and out. I would use Kyoto as a base, somewhere close to Kyoto station.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread