Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fukuoka or Beppu or Onomichi 2020/1/19 20:44

Hi all!

If you had to choose one of these places to spend 24h (arrive around midday and leave next day at the same time), which one would you choose?

I'll come from Kurokawa and start this 24h from Beppu with a JP pass enabled and next destination will be Osaka (arriving just to have to dinner is ok).

Thanks a lot!

by calabiyau  

Re: Fukuoka or Beppu or Onomichi 2020/1/20 18:21
Beppu.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Fukuoka or Beppu or Onomichi 2020/1/20 18:59
Never been to Onomichi but between Beppu or Fukuoka I'd definitely stay in Beppu.
by Peter1986 rate this post as useful

Re: Fukuoka or Beppu or Onomichi 2020/1/20 19:31

Thanks a lot!
Beppu was actually my preferred option. Less hassle and more things to do. Nice to confirm.

Anyway, I have just realized something. It turns out that the Usuki fire festival is that very same day (last saturday of august).

I don't know if it is an important festival (iluminate stone budhas) but somehow seems an interesting option. Usuki itself also seems to be well regarded (samurai and stone budhas).

So one slight variant would be drive to Usuki after Kurokawa, explore the town and overnight there to enjoy the festival.

Nextday, early morning pay a visit to some Beppu hells, a sand bath in Takegawara and finally to Osaka.

Anyone has participated in this fire festival? Is it recommended? And Usuki itself?

Many thanks!
by calabiyau rate this post as useful

reply to this thread