Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can we change our suica informations? 2020/1/20 23:26
Hello,
I was wondering if we can change our train card registered informations, like our phone number or even our name?

Also, I know the card validity is 10 years if we don't use it but if we use it everyday, will it still stop working after 10 years or will it continue to work forever until we stop using it?

Thank you in advance.
by Bae (guest)  

Re: Can we change our suica informations? 2020/1/22 08:56
If you keep using it and topping up they keep going. The ten years is inactivity.

Not sure about changing the information like a phone number - I've never bothered with adding personal details to my card. Maybe check with a station attendant.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Can we change our suica informations? 2020/1/22 08:59
I have a Suica that I got on our first trip in 2014. If it isn't used for a couple of months it flashes red at the gate and a guard does something to reactivate it.

My original still has contact details as Shinagawa Prince, the first hotel we stayed in in Japan, I haven't bothered to change it.
by Who? (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can we change our suica informations? 2020/1/22 09:04
Just as a footnote, for something like a phone number, you don't actually need to change it. You can leave it the same on the card as it doesn't have much relevance. The re-issuing procedure will require you to notify the information for the card you want replaced - the information loaded at time of original issue.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Can we change our suica informations? 2020/1/22 14:05
you can't change the registered information.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread