Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nenkin renewal 2020/1/21 16:47
Hi everyone

Does anyone know....

I'm a spouse of a Japanese and so I'm under kokumin nenkin as someone who is dependant of someone who is under their company pension.
I'm renewing my residence card right now, do I also need to take steps to renew kokumin nenkin through my husband's employer? Or does it just roll on constantly?

The reason I ask is because I've heard that if you are someone who pays into kokumin nenkin directly through the city hall you need to renew your Nenkin too. Does anyone know if I should do anything?

Thank you
by Shelly (guest)  

Re: Nenkin renewal 2020/1/21 19:13
Let me get this straight: are you enrolled in your spousefs companyfs pension scheme as the dependent, OR, are you directly enrolled in the national pension scheme (kokumin nenkin) on your own? I mean, are you getting invoices from the pension office?
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nenkin renewal 2020/1/21 19:18
Thank you for your reply

I'm enrolled through my husband's employer. So basically his employer sent a form to the pension office to say I'm a dependent of someone who is enrolled in their company pension scheme

I do not pay anything to the city hall/pension office. I just have the little blue book
by Shelly (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nenkin renewal 2020/1/21 19:22
Further to that, because I'm a dependent of someone who is in a company pension scheme, I am classed as a category 3 in kokumin nenkin

Re: Nenkin renewal 2020/1/21 22:03
That means everything goes through your spousefs company. So unless you start doing some part-time job and start earning over a certain amount of money per year that you need to remove yourself from the dependent status (in terms of taxation and pension), you shouldnft have to do anything. If you want to check, ask your spouse to ask the company.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nenkin renewal 2020/1/21 22:06
Thank you so much, you've helped me a lot :)

reply to this thread