Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hiroshima/Miyajima itinerary 2020/1/22 04:25
Some of you may have seen my previous posts but starting a new thread as I come to finalize my itinerary for Japan this May for my group of 12 individuals

Thoughts on plans A or B -- difference is that in plan B we stay the night in Hiroshima and fly to Tokyo. Plan A we do a day trip to Hiroshima/Miyajima from Kyoto. Although we prefer plan A because we stay the night in one hotel instead of transferring - I am wondering if an night would be beneficial in Miyajima/Hiroshima

Things we want to see/do in Hiroshima --> museum and visit the dome - not sure how long this will take
Things we want to see/do in Miyajima island --> ropeway, floating tori gate, and Daisho-in Shrine

Thanks to everyone who has replied previously especially RKold for helping me significantly with itinerary planning

Plan A:

Day 1 - Arrive Tokyo at 2:45pm, evening in Tokyo (night in Tokyo)
Day 2 - Tokyo (night in Tokyo)
Day 3 - Day trip to Nikko (night in Tokyo)
Day 4 - Tokyo (night in Tokyo)
Day 5 - Transfer to KYOTO (3 hours) + NARA afternoon trip (night in Kyoto)
Day 6 - Day trip to Osaka (night in Kyoto)
Day 7 - KYOTO - Gion district (night in Kyoto)
Day 8 - Day trip to Hiroshima + Miyajima Island (night in Kyoto) (2 hrs each way) (night in Kyoto)
Day 9 - KYOTO - Arashiyama (night in Kyoto)
Day 10 - KYOTO in the morning and Transfer to TOKYO (3 hours) (night in Tokyo)
Day 11 - Tokyo (night in Tokyo)
Day 12 - Flight back to USA

Plan B
Day 1 - Arrive Tokyo at 2:45pm, evening in Tokyo (night in Tokyo)
Day 2 - Tokyo (night in Tokyo)
Day 3 - Day trip to Nikko (night in Tokyo)
Day 4 - Tokyo (night in Tokyo)
Day 5 - Transfer to KYOTO (3 hours) + NARA afternoon trip (night in Kyoto)
Day 6 - Day trip to Osaka (night in Kyoto)
Day 7 - KYOTO - Gion district (night in Kyoto)
Day 8 - KYOTO - Arashiyama (night in Kyoto)
Day 9 - Hiroshima + Miyajima Island (2 hours) (night in Hiroshima)
Day 10 - afternoon Flight from Hiroshima to Tokyo --> TOKYO in the evening (night in Tokyo)
• Flight is 1 hour 20 minutes
Day 11 - Tokyo (night in Tokyo)
Day 12 - Flight back to USA
by VPPATEL  

Re: Hiroshima/Miyajima itinerary 2020/1/22 09:28
Please remember the torii at Itsukushima is covered and will not be visible/accessible.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Hiroshima/Miyajima itinerary 2020/1/22 10:07
Yes I realized that actually right after posting but could not edit, becuase my other question was going to be...is it still worth going to Miyajima island if the tori gate is covered?
by VPPATEL rate this post as useful

Re: Hiroshima/Miyajima itinerary 2020/1/22 13:41
Miyajima is a nice island. I wouldnt travel 2 1/2 hours out of my way to see it though, even if the tori wasnt covered (it isnt that impressive really, especially when the tide is out). If I was in Hiroshima I would go, if not, I wouldnt. I also personally wouldnt bother unless I was staying overnight, but plenty do.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread