Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Regarding Student Visa 2020/1/23 19:49
Hi, I am currently study Japanese language in Osaka and will finish the 6 months course by end of March,2020.

I was given 1 year visa validity until September, 2020. Can I still stay in Japan and work part time (not more than 28 hours per week)in between April to August before the visa expires?

Thank you!
by Su (guest)  

Re: Regarding Student Visa 2020/1/24 10:52
The main purpose and requirement of the student visa is to study and not working.
If your study finished you have to inform immigration accordingly (sometimes school informs immigration)

Also the the student visa alone does NOT permit you to work. You need to obtain a work permit first at the immigration.

If your studies have finished but want to remain in Japan for a little longer, your best option is to convert it to a temporary visa. But you cannot work with a temporary visa
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Regarding Student Visa 2020/1/24 12:26
your part-time work permission is valid only when you are a student, not when you are on student visa (status).
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Regarding Student Visa 2020/2/12 18:21
Could you share the name of your school because I am searching for those schools who take 6 months of fee for a course? Most of the schools are demanding to enroll for at least 1 year with them. I don't want to. I want to study N2 for 6 months there and If I feel like I can continue by paying for another term but don't want to pay 700,000 or 800,000 Yen for a whole one year upfront. Also, If u know any more schools of such kind please share.

Thanks
Jatin
Fom India
by Jatin Gadhok rate this post as useful

reply to this thread