Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Donan Bus & IC Cards 2020/1/23 23:58
Does Donan Bus support IC Cards such as Kitaca & Sapica?
And also, is there any Donan Bus to reach Usuzan Ropeway from Chuo-Dori bus stop near Toyako Manseikaku Hotel?
by Edmund54388 (guest)  

Re: Donan Bus & IC Cards 2020/1/25 05:16
No they do not. Unless they changed their system in the last few years (I last used the Donan bus in 2017) you must pay by cash. Not expensive though but have coins or thousand yen bill.

Yes it does, but only seasonal (April to October). I stayed at the Hanabi Onsen Hotel almost immediately in front of the Chuo Dori bus stop and was very convenient. I might have to dig up the schedules from my itinerary but it is not exactly frequent service (maybe 5-6 trips per day).

If you are planning to visit before May, then use a taxi but make sure you have a way to come back. Walking is not possible as it is too far.
by Villagemayor rate this post as useful

Re: Donan Bus & IC Cards 2020/1/25 07:56
Just to confirm that Donan Bus does not accept IC cards.

Below is the current timetable for the bus between the town of Toyako Onsen and Usuzan Ropeway. There is now a service in winter:
http://www.donanbus.co.jp/kougai/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2019/11/20...

The timetable for the summer season is not currently available. But it is equally infrequent.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread