Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Traveling to Multiple Cities 2020/1/24 05:28
Hello everyone,

Me and my partner are going to Japan the beginning of April for 2 weeks. We begin in Tokyo for 4 nights, then moving on to Kyoto for 5 night then finish of in Osaka for 5 night. Then we fly out from Kansai Airport.

I've done a little digging but wanted to clarify precisely which trains we can take.

We land in Tokyo at around 10am on a Sunday, we will need to get to Shimbashi Station. It seems the best way to get there is using the Kesai Narita Sky Access as it goes to our station. Is this covered by the JR Rail pass?

When travelling to Kyoto I think we need to take the Hikari Train on the Tokaido Shinkansen. I know this is covered, but just checking.

Finally from Kyoto to Osaka I'm less sure of as there are many ways to get there, I'm pretty sure its the Tokaido Sanyo line. More specifically the closest station to our hotel is Hommachi.

Any help or advice would be very appreciated.

Thanks
by Alex Rose (guest)  

Re: Traveling to Multiple Cities 2020/1/24 10:02
Tokyo for 4 nights, Kyoto for 5 night finish of in Osaka 5 night. fly out from Kansai Airport.
Do not buy a JR pass for that schedule - approximately twice as much as you need to spend unless you are doing some seriously long side trips, then the national pass is also unlikely to be the best option given the amount of time you have in Kansai.
using the Kesai Narita Sky Access . . Is this covered by the JR Rail pass?
Keisai is not JR so no.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread