Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone Free Pass 2020/1/24 09:59
Hi,

I'm staying at Hakone for 4 days, and I'm hoping anyone would know the answer to my following questions

- Does the pass only for 2 and 3 days? Can I top this up to make it to 4 days
- I can purchase the Pass at Gora station?
- Is it possible to buy a one way ticket to Shinjuku from Gora or Odawara?

Thank you
by Msugi  

Re: Hakone Free Pass 2020/1/25 08:16
- Does the pass only for 2 and 3 days? Can I top this up to make it to 4 days

Only a 2-day and 3-day versions exist. You could get two 2-day passes.

- I can purchase the Pass at Gora station?

Yes, it is sold at Gora Station.

Is it possible to buy a one way ticket to Shinjuku from Gora or Odawara?

From Odawara you can buy both Odakyu and JR tickets back to Shinjuku. At Gora Station, I think you should be able to purchase tickets to Shinjuku, but since the railway is currently out of service between Gora and Shinjuku, I am not sure whether these tickets are currently available. In any case, I recommend using an IC card (such as Suica) over paper tickets. IC cards are much more convenient. (Note that on some substitute buses between Gora and Hakone-Yumoto IC cards are not accepted).
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Free Pass 2020/1/25 08:35
Check carefully if the pass is worthwhile for a four day stay (for example 2+2 or a 3+single tickets). The daily cost is quite high if you are just using a couple of local buses and not taking things like the pirate ship/ropeway.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Free Pass 2020/1/25 09:02
Are you planning to do the gRound Courseh each and every day that you are there? I usually just try to get my luggage to my hotel, and explore around the hotel, on my first day. Individual tickets, or, a shuttle bus one the first and/or last days may be more economical. Think about getting just a three day pass.

Good Luck, in planning your trip.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Free Pass 2020/1/25 22:05
Thank you all for the reply, they were very helpful.

I worked it out, it's cheaper getting individual tickets for the first day then 3 day pass. However, when buying the Pass from Shinjuku, they have the special price for the train trip Shinjuku to Hakone (~1000 yen), is this also the case when buying the Pass from Odawara for the train back to Shinjuku?

Cheers,
by Msugi rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Free Pass 2020/1/26 08:58
Getting the pass from Shinjuku basically saves a one-way fare of around 1000 yen. The savings are not huge for a simple round course.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread