Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

13-14 Days Itineray 2020/1/24 12:56
Hey Guys & Girls!

My friends and I (4 of us) will be in Japan from from 04/23 to 05/06. We have a rough itinerary put together, but any advice/recommendations are welcome.

Would it be wise for us to buy a JRpass?

Day 1-5: Shinjuku, Harajuki, Shibuya, Tokyo, Chiba, Kamakura, Akihabara
Meguro River, Inokashira Park, DiverCity, Tokyo Disneland, Kotoku-in Temple

Day 6: Mt Fuji

Day 7-11: Kyoto, Hyogo, Nara, Osaka, Yokohama
Byodoin, Yasaka Shrine, Fushimi Inari Taisha, Kiyomizu-dera Temple, Himeji Castle, Todaiji Temple, Nara Park, Osaka Castle/Mino Park, Shineskai, Ramen Museum

Day 12: Nagano
Matsumoto Castle

Day 13: Hiroshima
Itsukushima Shrine

Thanks,
Vince
by Vince (guest)  

Re: 13-14 Days Itineray 2020/1/25 08:31
Start by checking the map. Yokohama is south of Tokyo. Matsumoto Castle is in Matsumoto, not Nagano. Hiroshima is 2 hours southwest of Kyoto and nowhere near Nagano.

I assume youfre flying in to Tokyo? What airport are you leaving from? If you can, fly in to Tokyo and home from Kansai (KIX) so you donft have to backtrack to Tokyo. If youfre going to Himeji, donft bother with Osaka Castle (itfs primarily a mid-to-late 20th century concrete re-construction).

To determine whether a JR Pass is worthwhile, use the website at Hyperdia to check the fares for your trips. You can also use this calculator as a rough guide -

https://www.japan-guide.com/railpass/
by tt7 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread