Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best pass to travel in Kansai 2020/1/25 14:42
Hello!

We are travelling to Japan on February 7-14 with my parents both 60 years old & my husband.
We plan to go to NARA, KYOTO, KOBE to see Mt. Rokko & snow, & NAGOYA for the the Nabana No Sato Winter Illumination & the SPA Land Theme Park.

Is it better to buy the KINTETSU PASS for 5 days + Hanshin Pass for Kobe to visit these areas or JR WEST KANSAI PASS is better?

Thank you in advance!
by jhel  

Re: Best pass to travel in Kansai 2020/1/25 17:31
Hello fellow traveller!

I've been planning my own trip to Japan myself, so I am no expert. What I can suggest is that you look at this page that lists all major passes in Kansai area: https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2357_kansai.html

I suggest you make some calculations regarding the places you want to see, and plan ahead. There is a very high chance that you don't even need a pass, and having ICOCA IC cards could be a better option. Those are rechargeable prepaid cards that you can use to pay for almost all your trips in subways, buses and trains, and they are also accepted in some stores as a payment method.

Take a look at 1 day passes for those days you are travelling a lot within one city, maybe they could pay off.
That page I linked above explains it all, and I think it will be a good help for you.
Have a nice trip!
by MP5 rate this post as useful

Re: Best pass to travel in Kansai 2020/1/30 13:04
Thank you MP5. I really appreciate it! I'll take a look at it. :)
by jhel rate this post as useful

Re: Best pass to travel in Kansai 2020/2/4 20:41
Hello there,

I am living in Ikoma, Nara prefecture. The KINTETSU PASS for 5 days is good choice where you would like to go I think.
But this year is very warm, probably you can't see snow in Rokko mountains. You have to go to Hyonosen mountain or Gifu prefecture to see snow I think.
KINTETSU PASS for 5 days
Have a great trip and experience!
Yoko
by Yoko (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best pass to travel in Kansai 2020/2/4 20:42
Hello there,

I am living in Ikoma, Nara prefecture. The KINTETSU PASS for 5 days is good choice where you would like to go I think.
But this year is very warm, probably you can't see snow in Rokko mountains. You have to go to Hyonosen mountain or Gifu prefecture to see snow I think.
KINTETSU PASS for 5 days
Have a great trip and experience!
Yoko
by Yoko (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread