Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Zao monster illumination 2020/1/25 14:42
I decided to change from Lake Towada winter story to Zao illumination Hence could find any decently priced ryokan in Zao Onsen during Feb 2020.

How much travelling time should I factor in for the rope way (including 1 transfer) + walking to Zao Onsen bus terminal as I have to take the last bus (@19.50) back to Yamagata station?

Is it better for me to buy ropeway ticket when I first reach zao onsen at abt 2pm, before I go to Yunohana Chaya for a dip? How abt the returning leg of bus ticket? Can I buy it when I arrive in zao onsen bus terminal?

I understand there is a summit restaurant where the illumination will be. Can I confirm it will extend its service during illumination period?

Thanks a lot in advance.

by travelhappies  

Re: Zao monster illumination 2020/1/28 10:49
Just be aware there has been very little snow this year, it's at a record low. I don't know if there will be snow monsters this year.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Zao monster illumination 2020/1/28 15:13

I visited the place last Feb, only to find " the monsters" had mostly disappeared due to unpredicted warmer winter. Expect the unexpected.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Zao monster illumination 2020/1/29 00:23
Thank you all for the information. Will consider going there
by travelhappies rate this post as useful

Re: Zao monster illumination 2020/1/29 09:13
Last week we saw both the Lake Towada Winter Story, the Snow Monsters from Hakkoda, and the Snow Monsters from Zao.
Zao was just a snow-covered tree.
Hakkoda snow monster in Aomori was more beautiful.
The Lake Towada Winter Story was fun with igloo bars and fireworks.
It might have been better not to change the schedule.
by LinaLisa rate this post as useful

Re: Zao monster illumination 2020/2/12 11:51
Thanks Lina
by travelhappies rate this post as useful

reply to this thread