Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kanazawa To Takayama 2020/1/28 07:08
Hi all,

I am holding Takayama-Hokuriku Area Tourist Pass and plan to travel from Kanazawa to Takayama by reserved bus but was told they are fully booked for 9/2/2020 when i called to Nohi Bus Reservation Center. Just wonder is there another good option that allows me to travel to Takayama? I searched online and found that probably i can take Hokuriku-Shinkansen and follows by Hida 6Limited ExpressNagoya. But the timetable is a bit off as i need to wait at Toyama station for more than 1 hour at Tayama Station.

The schedule that i saw is 8.23am from Kanazawa Station --> 8.46am reaches Toyama [Route: Hakutaka556 (https://www.jreast.co.jp/aas/hokuriku_schedule_eg.pdf)]. Then, 9.52am from Toyama Station --> 11.23am reaches Takayama Station [via limited express wide view hida (https://jprail.com/img/timetable/jprail-timetable-kamiki.pdf)]

Are there any other options available which allow me to reach faster to Takayama and without much additional cost as I am holding Takayama-Hokuriku Area Tourist Pass. Thanks.
by cmgan  

Re: Kanazawa To Takayama 2020/1/28 14:50
When you say you want "other options available which allow me to reach faster to Takayamah do you mean (a) you want a journey with a shorter total time or (b) you want to get to Takayama earlier?

If you take the 8.23 train and thus have 66 minutes in Toyama, go and have a coffee or a late breakfast. Alternatively, take a later train from Kanazawa to Toyama. If you want a shorter connection time to the 9.52 Hida Limited Express from Toyama, take either the 8.48 Shinkansen from Kanazawa, arriving at Toyama at 9.06 or the 9.21 Shinkansen, arriving at 9.44. If you take the latter, the 9.21 arrives in Toyama at 9.44 at track 12 and the Hida leaves at 9.52 from track 3.
by tt7 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kanazawa To Takayama 2020/1/28 21:59
Thanks a lot
by cmgan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread