Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

UK Passport 2020/1/28 20:33
Hi,

My passport renewal is on it's way to Japan, and so I wondered how long it would likely take to get here?

Kind regards,

Butter
by Toast (guest)  

Re: UK Passport 2020/1/29 13:46
Is there any way you can check with the sender what shipping method they use?
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: UK Passport 2020/1/29 14:32
There's no tracking number, but it's being sent by DX delivery.
by Toast (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: UK Passport 2020/1/29 14:59
I am not familiar with this service. In any case, as this is a UK/Ireland service, they must be collaborating with another service provider once it crosses borders...
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: UK Passport 2020/1/29 15:26
Yes, that's what I thought too.

Re: UK Passport 2020/1/30 10:36
Do you know if the package they are sending is certified mail? I would think that an important document would have at least some basic kind of tracking to it. Did you try to contact the carrier to see where it might be, or do you not have any kind of tracking info at all?
by Motti15 rate this post as useful

Re: UK Passport 2020/1/30 11:10
There's no tracking.

I have read that if I want tracking information for this company, then I need to contact them and request it (it's apparently not easy to do so, though).

Apparently, it's secured, but they will leave a slip if I'm not there to reschedule the delivery.

When I was in the UK, I remember how strict they were about getting the passport to the correct person, but it seems a little lax this time around.

Re: UK Passport 2020/1/30 11:14
On the passport application tracking page, it just says "Passport printed and sent 9:49pm on 27 January 2020"

They gave a link to the courier, and the courier says tracking is available, but I didn't get any tracking codes.
https://www.dxdelivery.com/static/HMPO/

Re: UK Passport 2020/2/1 13:17
I just got a tracking number for DHL - they must have sent it via courier over to Japan, and now it will make its delivery to me through DHL. The tracking number isn't working yet though.

Re: UK Passport 2020/2/1 13:21
Actually, it is showing up - just the tracking page is different to their main one. Looks like it should arrive on the 4th.

Re: UK Passport 2020/2/1 17:40
Good to hear. Companies do seem to make tracking packages unnecessarily difficult!
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

reply to this thread